MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Susan Craft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 11:51:25 -0600
Wyoming Medical Center is a 208 bed facility located in Casper, Wyoming.    The hospital has an immediate opening for a Medical Librarian.  An abbreviated job description follows.  It is hoped that the successful candidate will bring new energy, insight, and creativity to the position I have held for the past nine years as I move to new challenges.   I have found my role at  Wyoming Medical Center extremely rewarding.  I will be available at MLA to discuss this position with interested, qualified candidates.

 MEDICAL LIBRARIAN
 Wyoming Medical Center
 Casper, Wyoming

 Wyoming Medical Center, located in central Wyoming, has a level 2 trauma center,  outpatient clinic, occupational health services, and a family health clinic.  WMC provides physician speciality outreach clinics, including cardiology, oncology, and urology,  to 16 Wyoming communities.  Backed by a strong team of healthcare professionals and state-of-the-art technology, we're able to offer more than 40 medical specialties including the state's leading heart, cancer and neuroscience programs as well as Wyoming's only emergency air transport program. Wyoming Medical Center is also a leader in patient satisfaction as evidenced by winning a 2000 Consumer Choice Award last January for being one of the most-preferred hospitals in more than 100 U.S. markets.

 As a part of the Information Technology Division, the Medical Librarian is dedicated to supporting and actively contributing to high quality, sound clinical and management decision-making and valuable health sciences educational experiences.  This is accomplished by identifying acquiring, or accessing, retrieving, organizing, repackaging, and presenting knowledge-based (scientific) information.  The medical librarian is skilled in working in the hybrid environment of print and electronic media providing optimum resources in the most appropriate format to serve the organization's strategic objectives.

This position requires a Master's degree in Library and Information Sciences from an ALA accredited program.  Must have a minimum of two years library experience, with an emphasis in information services.  Knowledge of computer technology, including the Internet and network environments related to libraries and information management is required.  Certification by the Academy of Health Information Professionals of the Medical Library Association is desirable.  Must have developed skills in leadership, management and organization.  Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self motivated and self directed.  This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.

Salary Range:  $28,912-$43,368
Contact:
Matt Kaiser, Human Resources
Wyoming Medical Center