MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Bunyan, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bunyan, Linda
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 12:59:28 -0400
Dear Medlibbers:

I would like to do a little benchmarking here, and get suggestions for a
fair way
to apportion ILL cost items among our many users.

Please reply to me, and I will summarize for the list.

My ILL budget is $300/month.  At $11 per article, that comes to 27
articles per month that we can afford to purchase.

We are a large teaching hospital with 13 residencies, over 900 active
medical staff,
and several research areas.  Not to mention nurses and administrators, etc.

I am open to hearing of any methods used to ration 27 cost articles across
this population.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Linda E. Bunyan
Manager, Medical Library/Bookstore
Summa Health System
55 Arch Street, Suite G-3