MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Gacki, Margie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gacki, Margie
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:50:35 -0400
Greetings All:

Since this list has an amazing record at answering the "impossible"
questions, I thought I'd write and ask for your help.  A physician has
asked me to find information on "Bichet's lump".  I have come up empty.
He got this term from someone else so I asked him to check the spelling.
That got me from Bichot to Bichet.  The only name that I came up with
was Bichat, who was a French anatomist.  I did find a "Bichat's
protuberance" in the medical dictionary.  Before I get back to this
physician, I'd like to explore the collective wisdom of this group to
get your opinions.  Has anyone ever heard of Bichet's lump, or do you
think he wants Bichat's protuberance?  I place this challenge before you
and would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you for whatever
help you can give me.

Margie Gacki
Medical Librarian
Western Maryland Health System