MEDLIB-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Joanne Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:54:19 -0500
Hi Medlibbers:

Was wondering if anyone could help me track down the costs of doing 3
tests: cardiac SPECT (single-photon emission computed tomography)
procedures to assess myocardial perfusion; exercise stress testing using
EKG; and stress echocardiography.  The reporter wants to compare costs (to
patients, and if possible, to physicians) in hospital vs. office settings.
I can probably find out what Medicare will pay for these tests, but we
would also like to look into other sources of cost data.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Joanne M. Berger, Research Manager
International Medical News Group