MEDLIB-L Archives

September 2020, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Magnan, Deborah" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Magnan, Deborah
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2020 14:16:28 +0000
Our hospital is part of a multihospital system.  Our library has ScienceDirect subscriptions that are specific to us, as well as a subscription to a journal for the entire multihospital system. These have been put on the ScienceDirect website in two separate accounts, and users need to select one of the accounts in order to access a journal. The website then records the chosen account, makes it the default for that user, and doesn't provide access to the subscriptions in the other account.  Users need to know to click the building icon at the top of the ScienceDirect screen to change from one account to the other (without being given that information), otherwise they'll be locked out of any journal that's in the other account.

If you've had a similar problem with Science Direct and were able to resolve it, we'd appreciate hearing from you.  Please contact me off the list.  Thank you.

Deborah Magnan, MLIS, AHIP
Associate Librarian
Samuel and Sandra Hekemian Medical Library
30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack NJ 07601
T: 551-996-2326 | F: 551-996-2467
W: HackensackMeridianHealth.org

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication
may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, please be advised that
you have received this communication in error and that any dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please contact me at the above address or number.

This message was secured by Zix(R).