MEDLIB-L Archives

July 1994, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Medical Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 07:54:03 EDT
>on the Time article.  I had a chance to read this, and thought the

>and play pranks on the new users, particularly those who don't
>follow nettiquette or other "rules of the road".  I have been
>on the Internet since 91', but I have never found that anyone
>on discussion list or else where to be rude or nasty to me. Since
>most of my experience has been with library discussion groups,
>I was wondering if librarians tended to be more helpful, cause

My guess is that that's part of it, but also that we're just
too d**** busy to have the time to make like idiots on the net.
The virtual $10 bill that came across my "desk" several times
this week gave me one thought & one thought only -- somebody
must have a lot of time to spare.  God knows I sure don't! :)

Bill Nichols
Medical Librarian
Ireland Army Community Hospital
Ft. Knox, KY