MEDLIB-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Hadley, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hadley, Alice
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:53:35 +1000
Did I miss an announcement from NLM?  Why is the 1998 "Brandon-Hill
selected list of nursing books and journals" not indexed in MEDLINE?

The articles before and after it in _Nursing Outlook_ were indexed, so
it is not that they have stopped indexing the journal.

Is this NOT the article I think it is?  The equivalent of the B-H small
medical library list in _BMLA_?

I thought I remembered some gossip about the list changing journals or
maybe not continuing so I had given up hope of finding a 98 version when
I saw a reference to it in an Amazon.Com author's comment on a nursing
book.  After months of searching MEDLINE and the Web it finally dawned
on me that CINAHL was the obvious place to look.  I rarely have a need
to search CINAHL so I rarely think of it, assuming that all the basic
nursing journals I need/have easy access to are in MEDLINE.   Now I find
that a basic bibliography for hospital librarians is no longer being
included in MEDLINE.  Why?  What else is not there?

TIA (Thanks In Advance NOT Transient Ischemic Attack),
Alice E. Hadley, MLS, AHIP
Librarian                                       v:344-9250  beeper:
476-9801
US Naval Hospital, Guam            <[log in to unmask]>
The more you know the better you heal.