MEDLIB-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Lorri Zipperer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lorri Zipperer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:22:45 -0400
Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Executive Summary:
Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.
Washington DC. National Academy Press. 2001. Available at:
http://books.nap.edu/html/quality_chasm/exec_summ.pdf
This report builds on the findings of the IOM's "To Err is Human" and
addresses quality problems that detract from the health, functioning,
dignity, comfort, satisfaction, and resources of Americans. It is a call to
action to improve the US health care delivery system as a whole. The report
can be ordered in print format, or read in its entirety online, at
http://www.nap.edu/catalog/10027.html.

Lorri Zipperer
Medical Cybrarian
Co-editor - MedGenMed book reviews