MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Blobaum, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blobaum, Paul
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:47:43 -0500
My medical library consortium is doing this <Chicago and South
Consortium>, and we have  collected this data plus a lot more <like
number of volumes, journal titles, etc>  but haven't done much with it
thus far.  At next week's meeting we are distributing this information
amongst ourselves <we are bringing a copy of our individual library
profiles> for distribution.

I find not only the FTE benchmark important, but also **volunteer
hours***.  I have 3 volunteers who work 12 hours combined a week.  I
could not do what I do now without them.

Paul

Paul Blobaum, Medical Librarian
Silver Cross Hospital           [log in to unmask]
1200 Maple Road                 http://www.silvercross.org
Joliet, IL  60432