MEDLIB-L Archives

January 2000, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kennedy, Joy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:13:27 -0600
Has anyone ever run into information about the liability of a hospital or
medical center if an outside CME speaker were to bring multiple copies of
articles to hand out to attendees at his/her lecture?  Would there be any
liability if a nurse-educator or other speaker reproduced a table, graph or
illustration from a book or article as an overhead or slide?  What about the
cartoon to start a program off with a laugh?  I haven't run across anything
in particular about these rather common occurrences.  Are they "fair use" or
not? In particular I'm looking for court cases that addressed these
instances.  Any help appreciated. Joy
Joy Kennedy, MLS
Health Resource Library
Northwest Community Healthcare