MEDLIB-L Archives

April 2018, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jannette Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jannette Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:46:39 +0000
Morning all,

I am heading out of the office for a mini-break.  Hooray, three days on my own. How will I fill the time?

But first I need to assist one of our residents.  My resident is hoping to use two databases that I am not familiar with.

Wants to submit a data request on clinical trials from the ASCO CENTRA and CancerLinQ databases.

I know about clinicaltrials.gov, but these two are new to me.

Found these webpages for making requests:

https://cancerlinq.org/research-database

https://www.asco.org/research-progress/asco-data-repository

Aside from links to these sites for submitting data requests, I cannot really offer any other advice on proper format

The patron is in their words is  "...trying to make sure that I submit my request in proper format in order to ensure expedition of the process".

Anyone else used these or have any pointers for my patron?

Jannette

Jannette Bradley

Technology/Reference Librarian

Advocate Christ Medical Center Library

4440 West 95th Street

Oak Lawn, IL 60453

phone (708) 684-5200

fax     (708) 684-5145

[log in to unmask] http://library.advocatehealth.com

P. S. And don't envy me the minibreak because I'm still stuck in Chicago EARLY springtime or as I like to call it the Festival-of-Variable-Outerwear.  It was snowing when walked to work yesterday and will be in the 50s by Sunday.  The search for spring continues.....