MEDLIB-L Archives

January 2000, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Peg Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peg Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:10:39 -0600
Thanks to Auburn for sharing this review.  I just received my copy from
Amazon - a beautiful book, representing excellent scholarship.  It received
5 stars in its Doody review, and has been mentioned on several nursing
lists.  It was inspiring to read about the author.

Nightingale was more than the founder of modern nursing.  Among other
accomplishments, she was the first to use statistics to improve hospital
conditions.  This book belongs in every health sciences, history, and
womens' studies collection.

I will forward to appropriate nursing lists.

Thanks again - Peg

Margaret (Peg) Allen, MLS-AHIP   mailto:[log in to unmask]
Library/Information Consultant
Resource Librarian Consultant for Cinahl Information Systems, Inc.
     http://www.cinahl.com/
Library Consultant, Northern and Southwest Wisconsin Area Health Education
Centers, http://home.dwave.net/~nahec/   and
http://www.medsch.wisc.edu/ahec/swahec/
PO Box 2, 308 Kann,  Stratford, WI 54484-0002
(715)687-4976                          Fax:(715)687-4976