MEDLIB-L Archives

July 1994, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Norman Frankel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 15:51:14 EDT
Copyright issues associated with full text journals on CD-ROM are similar to
the print media.  CD-ROM is merely another way of packaging the intellectual
property contained in the print product.  Many CD-ROMs are sold with network
licenses or standalone-licenses.  The former allow a certain number of
simultaneous users on a network.  The standalone license means the CD may be
used by only one person.  The American Medical Association hopes to have full
text with graphics versions of its 11 scientific journals (JAMA and ten
ARCHIVES specialty journals) available on CD-ROM in 1995.  I encourage you to
contact me if you have suggestions for title combinations on the CD-ROMs.