MEDLIB-L Archives

July 1994, Week 4

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Carol Doms <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 17:04:48 -0600
I know this is not a medlib topic, but I just wanted to comment
on the Time article.  I had a chance to read this, and thought the
writer did well in researching the topic and wrote a good article.

However, the article commented on how older internet users are rude
and play pranks on the new users, particularly those who don't
follow nettiquette or other "rules of the road".  I have been
on the Internet since 91', but I have never found that anyone
on discussion list or else where to be rude or nasty to me. Since
most of my experience has been with library discussion groups,
I was wondering if librarians tended to be more helpful, cause
that is the nature of our work.  What do you think?

Carol Doms
Bethany Medical Center
Kansas City, KS