MEDLIB-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Metta Lansdale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Metta Lansdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:25:11 -0400
This is very basic information that I think MLA should be assisting the
membership by producing on an annual basis.  Basic data on salaries,
staff, library size, budget, size collection -- just the basics. We see
these kinds of pleas onthe listserv all the time.  Before using the
discussion lists, hospital librarians were on the phone with each other
constantly, trying to gather basic comparative data for use on the home
front.  It is not too much to ask and is to be expected of any self
respecting association.

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Cheryl Goodwin wrote:

> Just after MLA I sent out a request for some statistical data to use as part
> of a benchmarking process mandated by our administration.  I was a bit
> disappointed to only receive 11 responses and am hoping that everyone was
> just too busy with the post-MLA catch up.  So I'm trying one more time in
> the hopes of getting a few more replies.
>

> I've simplified the questions a bit - removing some that were confusing.
>

> 1.      Number of beds?
>
> 2.      How many physicians are on your medical staff?
>
> 3.      How many FTEs does the hospital have?
>
> 4.      What is your library's total operating budget (including salaries) ?
>
> 5.      How many FTE's are in the Library?
>

> I will put these in an Excel file and share with anyone who responds.  I'm
> not putting names of hospitals in the file, just using the other data.
>

> Thanks again!
>
> Cheryl M. Goodwin, MLS
> Manager, Library Services  *    206/386-6469
> Swedish Medical Center     *    206/386-3570 (fax)
> 747 Broadway                   *        [log in to unmask]
> Seattle, WA 98122

Metta T. Lansdale, Jr., Director
Chelsea District Library
Voice:  (734) 475-0006
  Fax:  (734) 475-6190
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Selector for Health Information Resources
Michigan Electronic Library
http://mel.lib.mi.us/health/