MEDLIB-L Archives

April 2018, Week 3

MEDLIB-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Gary Atwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Atwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 13:07:02 +0000
Due to some staff changes, we have the opportunity to analyze and possibly restructure our library education program. Currently, we work with faculty and students in our college of medicine and college of nursing and health sciences (e.g. PT, rehab, etc.). We also work with residents and other health professionals at our academic medical center. Like many health sciences libraries, we teach a little in the academic programs and the hospital when we are invited in to do so and we work more closely with some programs (e.g. nursing) than we do others (e.g. medicine). We are not heavily integrated into the curriculum in any program however. We also run a series of drop in educational workshops on topics like EndNote.

While it’s true that we could be doing a lot of education-related things better, such as the intensive networking that’s usually required to get into someone’s curriculum, I feel that times are changing in health sciences education and I wonder if there is a better way to organize our education program. Therefore, I am writing to ask if there is anyone out there who has restructured their education program in such a way that breaks from this rather traditional format. Or, I’d be interested in hearing if you’ve developed a new focus for your program that has resulted in some kind of change.

No idea or suggestion is too big or too small. I will summarize the responses I get and submit a summary soon. My apologies for any cross-posting.

Thanks,
Gary
Gary S. Atwood
Health Sciences Librarian
University of Vermont / Dana Medical Library
(802) 656-4488 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>