MES Archives

August 2003

MES@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mary Nowlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moretown Educational <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:33:57 EDT
Hi Wavell

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you on the minutes. I've been in CT
visiting my mother and got in at 1am this morning.

In general, they look great to me. You are fantastic at keeping minutes. My
only small question is whether we should use slightly different wording in the
"Employment of a New Business Manager" section. Obviously, our board is of one
mind on this, but an outsider reading these minutes may think we have a bad
attitude. What about "contraint" instead of duress? And how about getting rid
of the "would be sensible enough" and just say "would ratify it." I know that
doesn't say exactly the same thing, but I do worry that we're going to be
fighting a lot of battles in the near future, and anything we can do to tone down
the rhetoric in the meantime is probably to our long-term benefit.

Thanks.
Mary