MOBILE Archives

March 2011

MOBILE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Andrew Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions about Mobile Devices <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:25:23 -0400
Hi Mobile-ers,

I've been having some problems syncing Oracle Calendar through SyncML
with a Galaxy tablet, running Android OS; maybe one of you has had the
same problems in the past, so here it is:

Once in a while (this has happened at least 3 times in just a few
months), when clicking the Sync button in SyncML, I receive the
"Synchronization failed" message.  I then try to Sync again, and it
succeeds this time.  Great, except now my Oracle Calendar on my PC shows
two of all events that were synced to the Tablet device (30 days in the
past, 60 days in the future).

Strangely, there are NOT duplicates on the Tablet device calendar, only
in Oracle Calendar.  Trying to be sneaky (and correct the duplications),
I selected to update the Calendar server from the Tablet's calendar, and
I was told "Feature not supported".  Another oddity then occurred; I
changed back to Normal Sync mode again, and clicked the Sync button.
Instead of doing a "Normal Sync", it attempted a "Slow Sync"; not only
did it get the Sync mode wrong, but it failed to complete, and the
SyncML screen disappeared before finishing or displaying any error
message.  This too has happened before, and normally after frustratedly
leaving the device alone for a few hours, I return to it and find that
the syncing feature is working fine again.

I've reinstalled this software just a few days ago, so I'm fairly
certain its the newest version.  Any suggestions in making this software
work properly would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

--
Andy Taylor
RSENR Computer Support