MOBILE Archives

September 2009

MOBILE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Beth Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions about Mobile Devices <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:54:57 -0400
I have a brand new HTC Ozone with Windows Mobile 6.1. The WiFi seems to
work very well at least initially. My home wireless settings using WPA Personal
with tkip encryption settings are saved and reconnects every time I'm within
range. The UVM connection (wpa2) will stay connected until I leave campus.
When I come back to campus, at the very least it wants my netid and
password (even though I've saved that info with the connection settings) and
some days it wants me to go through the advanced settings before it will
connect. I wonder if I'm not provided all of the correct information in the
advanced settings? Or if there is something else that I can do so I won't have
to spend 3 or 4 minutes putzing around with it to get the connection every
day?

This is a luxury of course :-) If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear
them.

Below are the advanced settings I've chosen and the fields I've either left
blank or allowed the default choice.

wpa2 authentication
Data encryption: AES chosen
check box for "This key is automatically provided" that I've checked
Network Key: that I've left blank
Key index:1 with other  options 1 to 4
check box checked for "Use IEEE 802.x network access control"
EAP type: PEAP chosen

Some of these settings I can find on the wireless info page. Others I'm
guessing at.

Thanks in advance!

Beth Wilkins