MUNINET Archives

November 2003

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Juli Lax <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:09:58 -0500
 Cora-

We don't have any initial costs.

Our attorney that does the tax sale doesn't charge us anything until the
taxes are paid, either by the tax sale or before.  We have never had a
situation where the properties are not sold.   He prepares and publishes any
legal notices, etc. and those fees becomes part of his fees that are paid by
the taxpayer when the property is redeemed, or when the taxes are paid after
the tax sale procedure has been initiated.

Our budget has separate line items for the DTC including office supplies,
postage and purchased services.  This covers paper, envelopes, printer ink,
etc.  We do not supply him his computer or printer.  He brings his mail to
the office and I run it through the postage machine which has an account set
up for delinquent tax.

Hope this helps

Juli