MUNINET Archives

August 1999


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
maryzuber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:39:00 -0400
text/plain (58 lines)
> From: maryzuber <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: My weekly recording question
> Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 4:37 PM
> If I am correct - Vt statutes state that Town Clerk is to record
> what she has received - as we are not lawyers, we cannot make
> the decision as to record or not to record. I would have him
> immediately prepare an addendum page to the document, referencing
> an error and record immediately after the erroneous document.
> A document is considered to be recorded when we receive same
> time and date stamp it in. Any corrections must be in the form of a
> new document. Corrective Deed
> Perhaps Deb Markowitz is the best one to ask.
> I just had one that had the incorrect boundry descriptions
> on it - so the attorney prepared a new description page
> correcting same and gave it to me the following day.
> I told him about the error and that the corrective deed
> would not immediately follow the other document since
> there were others received in the interim.
> Good  question
> Have a great weekend (I get to do site visits)  and
> prepare for the next Tuesday BCA appeal  hearings.
> Haven't even thought about  "the great  purge of the
> checklist"!  Not high on my priority list.
> Water emergency in town, phone ringing off the hook
> BCA appeals, have to get Tax bills out before Sept l0
> but you know that's what keeps us young - SURE
> Mary Zuber  - Hinesburg
> ----------
> > From: Marshfield Town Clerk <[log in to unmask]>
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: My weekly recording question
> > Date: Friday, August 27, 1999 2:30 PM
> >
> > I need more town clerking advice.   A lawyer brought in a package of
> deeds,
> > etc. for recording.  After he left, I noticed an error on one of the
> > documents (he used the word grantee when he should have used grantor).
> > called and told him, and he wants to come in and change and initial the
> > document before I record it.  Is it too late?  I have received it, so
> is
> > technically on record, but it isn't physically recorded in the land
> records
> > yet.  Would you let him change it, or record it as is and make him
> a
> > correction?
> >
> > Bobbi