MUNINET Archives

November 2003

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Cassie Barbeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:31:23 -0500
In Bennington, we do follow the law, and in fact even after the wedding is
performed, only one is required to sign, which seems a little shady in my
opinion.  But it is also much more convenient to only need one person as our
hours are also often the same hours that everyone works.

We have also had jailhouse weddings.

I also try very hard to have the officiant information completed on the
license application so if the license is never filed, I can call the
officiant to see if it took place.  Yes, I agree it may be a little
uncomfortable asking the bride or groom if it took place and turns out it
never did.

Cassandra J. Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT