MUNINET Archives

December 2017

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Deanna Robitaille <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:52:02 -0500
My assistant just took a very strange call from a Newport Vt number, (802)
673-0742.  The man asked if we could provide him with Social Security
numbers.  After seeming concerned that we should be able to provide this
info he asked if he would be better served calling Montpelier.  This person
obviously does not understand the idea of confidentiality or even where
SS#s come from.  I just wanted to give you a heads up.  I wish I had
thought to get a name but we were too busy scratching our heads wondering
what in the world this person could possibly be thinking.

Happy last work day of 2017!

*~Deanna*

*Deanna-Dee Robitaille, CVC*
*Montgomery Town Clerk & Treasurer*
*PO Box 356, 98 Main Street*
*Montgomery Center, VT  05471*
*(802) 326-4719*

*NOTICE: *
*Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the
possession of public officials about town business are classified as public
records and subject to view by any person asking to see them **unless
excluded under the Public Records Act.*