MUNINET Archives

February 2006

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
CHERYL MOOMEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:00:25 -0500
You can't change something once it's recorded.  He will need to re-record it.  If the attorney is local and we catch it, we call them before we record to fax it over.

Cheryl

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/16/06 09:01AM >>>
Hi all,

I recently recorded a mortgage which was missing the schedule A.  (not my fault)

I told the attorney, and he asked if I could insert the schedule A after the fact giving it a page number like 127B.  He doesn't want to pay to have the whole mortgage recorded again.

I'm reluctant to do that, but wondered what other clerks thought.

He says the schedule A cannot be recorded further along in the book with a marginal entry referring back to the mortgage.

Thanks for your help!

Susan
Town of Newbury