MUNINET Archives

August 1999


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Vershire TAX <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:57:18 -0400
text/plain (32 lines)
Barbara - Here's what Vershire does:

Administrative permits (building, driveway access, septic, and subdivision
up to 3 lots) $15

Variance: $40

Development permit $100 plus $30 for each lot after the first four

Board of Adjustment permit  $75

In addition to those fees, we charge $7 to record the permit.

In Vershire, we have a "Town Administrator" which in my mind is the
equivalent to a zoning administrator.  He is paid $8.00 per hour plus
expenses (postage, phone, mileage).  He works from his home, but is welcome
in the town office where he could share a desk with other part-timers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  Naomi LaBarr, C/T

At 01:53 PM 7/21/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Our selectboard is looking for information from other towns on the following
>questions and I was wondering if anyone would care to share information:
>1)  what is your fee structure for zoning/building permits?
>2)  do you pay your zoning administrator hourly or a salary and how much?
>3)  do you provide office space and/or equipment?
>Thanks for your consideration.