MUNINET Archives

February 2006

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
TOWN OF SHARON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:48:18 -0500
Hi From Sharon, Vermont.

I have been using joined taxes, cash receipts  and general ledger for a long
time. I am the treasurer and current collector. I  keep all current and
delinquent taxes in the tax module. The delinquent collector brings in all
receipts with his hand slips and I post them to the computer. The town now
has to pay Fica on his wages  (8%)and this seemed the best way to do it. He
gets and up to date delinquent report after posting or at least once a
month. He has his own hand records to compare. Once the tax year in closed
after the last current due date the taxes is transferred to the delinquent
part of the tax module and delinquent collections are posted there. They are
then deposited and posted to the general ledger the same way the current
taxes are. He still does all his own tax sales, mailings and notices from
home. These notices can also be printed off this module if you were both
delinquent and current etc. It does take a good working relationship.

Margaret, Treasurer