MUNINET Archives

November 2003

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Town of Westford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:08:13 -0500
Westford follows the law.

-----Original Message-----
From: CHERYL MOOMEY <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 11:48 AM
Subject: Surprise Marriages

>This is my second request this year so I wanted some input from other
clerks if you've run into the same situation or would oblige.  I have
someone who wants to have a surprise wedding.  Our office policy has always
been that both parties come in to sign the license to determine both are of
age, both willing, etc.  She said he expects a May wedding but she wants to
surprise him at Christmas.  She's already booked the hall!  Vitals said it
can be done, but I am entitled to stick to my policy if I want.

>What if the guy says no?  I know that wouldn't be my problem, but I've
talked to other men when this happend last summer (including my boyfriend)
and they all said they would not like it.