MUNINET Archives

July 2006


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Kathy DeWolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:53:17 -0400
text/plain (44 lines)
Good afternoon,

Residency is defined differently for different statutes.  It is possible
that a person may be elgible to vote in a town even if he or she claims non
residence for property tax purposes.  

It will take an act of the legislature to make any changes to the definition
of residency in 17 V.S.A.2122.

Best Regards, Kathy

Kathleen  S. DeWolfe
Director of Elections & Campaign Finance
Office of the Secretary of State
26 Terrace St.
Montpelier, VT 05609-1101
(802) 828-2304
Visit us at, click on Elections

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ulla Cook
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: residency some more

Did you get an answer on this??
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Wallingford Town Clerk" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: residency some more

> Meantime, back at the ranch, would it be safe to say that under 
> present
> law if you claim non-residence on your tax bill you CANNOT be registered 
> to vote?
> Joyce Barbieri, Wallingford