MUNINET Archives

February 2007

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Dave Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:44:54 -0500
The best outcome of the recent recount was the verification that the
tabulating machines are not only faster requiring far less election
workers time and energy, they are more accurate.

In addition, the machines give a voter who overvoted an opportunity
to correct their ballot and leave a paper trail that will be
relatively easy to recount and will discourage further challenge in
court.

The only real drawback is cost. I believe that the cost per election
is in the $1000 range with an additional annual maintenance fee of
$250.

Dave Sharpe
Selectboard
Bristol

 At Town Meeting I will be presenting the article requesting the