MUNINET Archives

November 2003

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
CHERYL MOOMEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:44:13 -0500
This is my second request this year so I wanted some input from other clerks if you've run into the same situation or would oblige.  I have someone who wants to have a surprise wedding.  Our office policy has always been that both parties come in to sign the license to determine both are of age, both willing, etc.  She said he expects a May wedding but she wants to surprise him at Christmas.  She's already booked the hall!  Vitals said it can be done, but I am entitled to stick to my policy if I want.

What if the guy says no?  I know that wouldn't be my problem, but I've talked to other men when this happend last summer (including my boyfriend) and they all said they would not like it.

Please let me know if you've done it or you would do it.

Thanks.

Cheryl