MUNINET Archives

February 2010


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show HTML Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Gilbert Whittemore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:56:50 EST
text/plain (1698 bytes) , text/html (3008 bytes)
Good idea.
Also track separately amounts owed for work you did before they filed for  
bankruptcy and amounts owed for work since the bankruptcy filing. These are  
treated differently in bankruptcy.
Don't be surprised to receive legal papers seeking to recoup amounts paid  
within the 90 days prior to the bankruptcy filing. The bankruptcy trustee 
has  the obligation to recover such amounts if not "in the ordinary course of  
business" and some trustees automatically seek all funds paid, and leave it 
to  the recipient to argue it was in the ordinary course of business. But 
the  amounts for filing may be too small for them to bother with. 
Gilbert Whittemore, Esq.
668 Upper Falls Road
Perkinsville, VT  05151

In a message dated 2/1  

7/2010 7:18:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  [log in to unmask] writes:

I am awaiting payment for a $20 check on a closed account.  They are  
supposed to be making it right--but if I were you, I would get the money  before 
you do any recording. 
Grace Mason 
Town of Barton 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bennington Town Clerk's Office"  <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday,  February 16, 2010 4:03:17 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject:  Fairpoint

How are Towns now handling recordings sent from Fairpoint as  far as
recording fees?  We have always billed with no significant  problems.  I am
wondering if I should start requiring payment upfront  now that they have
filed for bankruptcy.

Cassandra J.  Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT  05201
(802)  442-1043
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web  at

Gilbert  Whittemore, Esq.
668 Upper Falls Road
Perkinsville, VT  05151