MUNINET Archives

November 2003

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bobbi Brimblecombe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:34:16 -0500
In Marshfield, the DTC pays for his own postage and envelopes, but we
reimburse him for his ledger books (yes, he still does everything by
hand).  His theory is that if he is not reelected, the ledger books belong
to the town and would be turned over to the next DTC.

When he decides to have a tax sale, he forwards the information to the
attorney.  She checks title, advertises, sends letters, etc. and we never
get a bill until we get a check.  When she collects, either through sale or
threat of sale, she submits a bill for her costs and services, along with
the payment from the taxpayer.  The payment always includes her fees with
the tax, interest, and penalties, all clearly spelled out.

In other words, we don't have any expenses for tax sale.

- Bobbi