SAFE Archives

September 2007

SAFE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Lena Roy. Forman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Student Athletes for Equity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:26:32 -0400
Dear Friends,

We're writing to ask for your help with a fundraiser of this
November's travel-study class to the Dominican Republic.  It's the
annual AIDS Walk in Burlington organized by Vermont CARES.  Our team
-- Futbol para la Vida -- is helping to raise funds to support an
HIV/AIDS prevention education program in the Dominican Republic; part
of the international Grassroot Soccer network
(http://www.grassrootsoccer.org).  You can learn more about the
innovative, soccer-based program for at-risk kids and perhaps make a
pledge to our team for the September 29th AIDS walk at:

http://www.firstgiving.com/futbolparalavida

Tax deductible donations can be made securely online by credit card,
or sent directly to the University of Vermont at the address provided.

Thanks for any help at all, and please help us spread the word about
this event by forwarding this e-mail and the link to our pledge page
to others who might want to support our team.  If you can join us for
the walk, even better!  The gathering begins at 10 a.m. in City Hall
Park on this Saturday, September 29th, and the walk begins at 11 a.m.

Thanks!

Lena Forman