SCHOOL-IT Archives

School Information Technology Discussion

SCHOOL-IT@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jennifer Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:57:43 -0600
***School Emergency Response Plans and the Active Shooter*** Wednesday,
January 9, 2013 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM CST

As we reflect on the tragedy in Newtown, it is important that we review our
current plans and procedures for responding to violence on our campus.
During our upcoming webinar we will look at the following topics:

*Our relationship with the First Responders in our community
*Review of the current Emergency Response Plan
*Age appropriate training for staff and students
*What to do if a lockdown fails and your school is no longer safe
*Law Enforcement Response to an Active Shooter event

Guest Speaker:
Gary Sigrist, Jr.: VP of Impact America and a 30-yr veteran of the
20,000-student South-Western City School District in Columbus, OH. During
his 30-year history with SWCS, Gary experienced virtually every form of
school emergency, lockdown and crisis.

There is limited space available for this webinar; secure your spot now.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/794709618

Jennifer Johnson
SchoolReach:Cyberbully Hotline
Office: 314 748 5053