SCHOOL-IT Archives

School Information Technology Discussion

SCHOOL-IT@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bob Wickberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:37:41 -0500
First of all, according to this link:

http://www.donorschoose.org/docs/Chromebooks.pdf

which has a section on how to apply, you apply, donorschoose puts your
request on their site, and if people donate to your request, you get the
chromebooks.  So what's Google's role in this?  Couldn't you do that any
time, anyway?

Second, our SU tech coordinator posted this internally.  I assume he got
it from donorschoose.

"As of December 10th, 11pm eastern time, we've received a tremendous
response
to this offer. With a limited quantity of discounted Chromebooks
available, we
cannot accept additional submissions at this time. If you'd like to be
notified if
additional Chromebooks become available, read on for instructions."

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418