SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

July 2015

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:24:40 -0400
7bit
From:
Chandler Davis <[log in to unmask]>
It's a good article, Kamran.  A much fuller study and analysis by
Richard Lee is forthcoming, I understand; I'll send a link to the list
when it is ready. Richard looks at the evidence for & against two these:
that foraging societies are especially violence-prone, and that
pre-agricultural humanity had more aggression than today's. Evidently,
contemporary evidence is more direct than archeological; but as
contemporary foraging societies are very few and not free of influence
from neighbors, the evidence from them is tricky in a different way:
there is a trade-off.  Richard earns our gratitude for conscientious
examination of the mountains of evidence--- more than I imagined existed.

Chandler