SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE April 2008

Autism Day [Breaking media taboos]

Jim West <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 5 Apr 2008 18:17:21 -0400

Michael Balter won't allow my response to his criticisms (last time I
tried), so this is to the general list.

Balter substitutes the word 'science' for the phrase 'medical science',
which is his actual topic, a topic so obviously fraught with economic and
political conflict.  If we are to build a strong industrial society, how
could 'medicine' be any other way?

Parents are free of the major evil of orthodox medical science, which is a
huge conflict of interest with chemical/pharmaceutical industries.  By
pooling parental experiences with analyses by themselves and professional
scientists, via the internet, a more truthful science is established.

Due to the internet, CNN had little choice but to break its past taboo on
vaccine information, to maintain credibility.  When will CNN present
scientists, instead of parents, on controversial disease paradigms, like
HIV=AIDS and vaccination?

Here are two statements* by Dr. Boyd Haley, Professor and Chair, Dept. of
Chemistry, University of Kentucky and an authority on mercury toxicity:

1) "I think that the biological case against Thimerosal is so dramatically
overwhelming anymore that only a very foolish or a very dishonest person
with the credentials to understand this research would say that Thimerosal
wasn’t most likely the cause of autism."

2) "It would be shocking if one could inject it into an infant without
causing damage."

Regarding Balter's rail against 'anecdotal evidence', I'd say he needs to
read Cornelia Read's article again, it paints such a laughable picture of
the professorial man-in-white.

Cornelia Read's article:
http://kimstagliano.blogspot.com/2008/03/medical-mistakes-throughout-ages-thank.html

-Jim West

--footnotes--
* www.whale.to/vaccine/quotes19.html

==========
One of the reasons that a science for the people has to be based on good
science is that otherwise it becomes prey to all the kinds of errors that
mainstream science is vulnerable to. The anecdotal reports of parents are
essentially worthless in establishing a relationship between vaccines and
autism, for all the classic reasons--recall bias, the confusing of
correlation with causation (vaccines are given right around the time that
autism symptoms normally appear in children, etc), and the substantial body
of studies that refute such a connection. I believe that most people here
are familiar with this. The fundamental error here is the idea that if
anyone connected with the "establishment" or the government is in favor of
something--in this case, vaccination, which saves millions of lives--then it
must be some sort of capitalist plot. The failure to distinguish real
capitalist plots (of which there are many) from patent nonsense creates a
huge distraction from the real tasks at hand. In fact, if I wanted to be a
conspiracy theorist, I would say that the CIA is behind the vaccine-autism
connection, 9/11 conspiracy theories, and AIDS denialism, because
objectively it takes thousands of people out of necessary struggles and
diverts them.

btw, be sure to check out Jim West's Web site for the real scoop on the
polio/pesticide connection--an excellent exercise in bad science.

MB