SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

December 1998

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Sam E. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:46:48 +0000
Dear Michael:

Samir Amin once said that apartheid was a LOGICAL development of
capitalism. Was apartheid the usage of blatant white supremacy within a
fascist state? Was US Southern segregation an abberation to a basically
egalitarian system or its logical outcome based on the historical
collaboration of Northern capital with Southern landed aristocracy?

In any event, we must move on to more specific analysis of science and
technology within the SftP discussion group. That's our primary reason
to be in the group... right? Speaking right... The Right has dominance
over S&T discourse today everywhere. We, progressive thinking folk, have
to struggle amongst ourselves for a firm unity so that we can work to
undo what the Right has done in academia and the public arena.

In Struggle,

Sam