SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

April 2006

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:18:30 -0400
Article I refer to herein was published in the Washington Post, NOT
the NY Times.

The U.S. government is now planning for full martial law NOT due to
"terrorism" but the projected Avian (bird) flu epidemic. An article
in Easter Sunday's Washington Post (of course that's when the info
would be released, at a time when relatively few people would become
aware or be able to focus on examining it) raises the spectre.

As I and others have been warning, by orchestrating a multi-year
series of alleged "health crises" the US government has now completed
putting into place -- under the radar -- a whole byzantine world of
police-state apparatus under the guise of "bio-terror response" and
"health care", and is likely preparing to use it this year.

Why?

Well, one reason is to enable Karl Rove to mastermind keeping the
Bush-Cheney regime in power against all the numbers and the revolt of
the retired generals now occurring, as well as to extend the full
implementation of the Program for the New American Century (PNAC) --
i.e., continuation of empire-building, control of the world's oil
supply, and extraction of incredibly huge profits for a narrow sector
of global capital (while bankrupting others). Some, including me,
speculate that the orchestrated Avian Flu "epidemic" will be 9-11 all
over again, but on a much grander scale. (There are other possible
rationales as well, commensurate with securing the interests of the
sector of the ruling class in power.)

One good website that has been compiling information on the Bird Flu
is http://www.legitgov.org/flu_oddities.html .  We are allocating
much space on the NoSpray Coalition website www.nospray.org to
address these issues as well.

I am urging us all to shift a significant portion of our time to
dealing with issues related to the "Pandemic" of the Avian Bird Flu,
the government's lies and deceptions, and to the safety measures
we're going to need to prepare. West Nile, Smallpox, Anthrax, SARS,
and now Bird Flu are "political" diseases in that the panic, the
response, and perhaps the micro-organisms themselves are being
manipulated for political reasons, not natural ones. We need to begin
NOW building the base to reject the government's coming blitzkrieg of
lies on the subject, the legislation that will follow in its wake or
even come beforehand on establishment of concentration (er,
"quarantine" or "internment") camps, forced vaccinations, ethnic
weapons, and the like.

- Mitchel Cohen
coordinator, No Spray Coalition