SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

February 1999

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Beth Ruskai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:33:08 -0500
It is not my speciality and I do not find the evidence
for origin of various diseases as specific as Chardin.
But his general point is sound.

The fact that a virus originated in a given region --
whether in animals or humans, ought not reflect on
the people who live there.

If there is blame, it is on all those, anywhere, who
knowlingly fail to take proper precautions to minimize
spread of serious communicable disease.

Beth Ruskai