SGA Archives

May 1995

SGA@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Stefanie Buttles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 1995 11:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
Derek,
	I checked out the Stanford web site today and I am concerned about
the page's security.  I can't see a way that Stanford could secure that
each student only votes once (considering that voting is a private matter
so students can't be required to 'sign' their ballot in any way).  How
would the UVM SGA, or how does Stanford's SGA, guarantee that the voting
results are not tainted by one person voting more than once?  Does
Stanford consider the voting results from their Web page to count as the
results from a 'real' voting booth do?
						Stefanie