SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
John Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:19:59 -0500
I'll second Daron's comments on racers dropping in and throwing down. Some
of the GMVS kids are very capable tricksters. I've seen them when they get
set loose every once in a while; flips, twists, spins, fakie, you name it.
Top level racers spend so much time on skis and are such body-aware
athletes that this stuff is just natural.

I suspect that a downhill course might be accessible to great free skier,
but it is also a much more strength-based discipline than riding rails or
ripping a long powder line.

I hope Tanner shows up, holds his own and learns some respect for his
racing peers.

John