SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Evan Osler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:59:46 -0500
Hike it while you can.

Above mid-station, the snow was divine. 2 laps on Cat Bowl, one on Upper
Antelope... I'd almost feel proud of myself if I hadnt run into JustinWoods,
who was just starting his fifth lap when I huffed and puffed to Starks Nest.
Compared to snow quality on Mansfield yesterday, MRG was downright divine.
Firm but not icy base, chalky to fluffy pow ranging binding top to mid-boot.
More twigs and grass below mid-, but still fine by me.

Managed to snap a photo of my tracks (on left, with skin track to the right)
along the way:

http://home.earthlink.net/~eosler/data/120504/antelope.jpg

Sure beats dodging the other loonies at the AIG outdoor office party.

-Evan