SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Adrenochrome <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:54:34 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis Bogan" <[log in to unmask]>

> Where does one get the long range forecasts often referred to on the
List?
>  In English please.  I keep hearing of a deep long cold snap for VT
in 10
> days or so.  In googling around I can find nothing of similar
promise for
> WV.

I look here for temps aloft:

http://weather.unisys.com/mrf/loop/mrf_850_loop.html

Unfortunately that server seems to be unreachable today.

Colors indicate air temperature at around 5000 feet.  Blues and
purples  = good.  Requires some watching to get a feel for what is
fantasy, and what is a large-scale feature that'll probably come to
pass.

For guesstimated precipitation amounts, click on the "pres" link at
the top of the page.  Combine, sautee, et voila!

Another source is news://ne.weather  Like most other usenet
newsgroups, there is usually a fair amount of territorial pissing
going on, but good information does get discussed.
Unfortunately that server seems to be unreachable today...