SKIVT-L Archives

April 2014, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bruce Shenker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:33:02 -0400
We eschewed the sunny corn days for the character building day on Saturday. Everything above the base of birdland was pretty firm where ungroomed but just below there we met Mary who had driven over from Binghamton, NY  perched above a mogul field. 'What do you think? ' she said, so I let her go first and it turned out it had softened up and we had a new ski partner.

 I went first on Waterfall and by mid-afternoon Lower Canyon, Lower Glades and Periwinkle and the last bit of Lift Line all offered relief from the groomers. Just to be sure we took Quacky from the top on one of our last runs and it turned out we had been wise to go past it on all our preceeding runs.

but in the end it was a great mad river day