SKIVT-L Archives

April 2014, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 12:15:45 -0400
Thursday, Mad River: chasing soft snow and sunlight, which seemed to go together. I was frightened by the Bunny. Other birds and animals were more friendly, if previously groomed.

Friday, Sugarbush Lincoln Peak: Even the Governor of Vermont was out. Many ‘sick’ people too. Soft snow and sunshine on North Lynx actually coaxed me onto some moguls for a change. Gotta love the 5 PM lift closing

Saturday: helped the boys with their ski video

Sunday, Sugarbush Mt Ellen This Time for Sure closing day. Tons of snow, lots of slow acting sunshine. Wasn’t until after lunch that the summit softened. FIS and BD never opened, but groomers from top of Ellen to bottom of Inverness were sublime. And the vibe was MRGesque. Crazy costumes, politically incorrect downhills. Nolan Kasper was on hand signing things for the kids and critiquing racers. BBQ on the deck from 3 until burgers ran out before 5. Band and dancing on deck still in full swing when we left at 6. I saw one bare spot, otherwise coverage was deep and wall to wall.

This week: help close out MRG’s season

| Center for Teaching and Learning  __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice: 802-656-1254                  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |