SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:47:07 -0500
Jim made the call. I was doubtful. One trail. $35. Couldn't be worth it.

By days end, I figured we skied more than a dozen different trails, in
4-6" of powder. Some scratch, some thin, nothing much steep, minimal
rock, maximum fun. Many freshies, all unexpected.

All of it unofficial, of course, but tacitly approved. Holiday gift to
the faithful from understanding ski patrol.

Another one of those low expectations yield epic results kinda days.

We got our money's worth. It was even worth the three hour drive home
through blinding snow on back roads.

Meanwhile, report from Sugarbush was that it was "OK" despite having to
ride a truck from base lodge to base of summit lift and back -- GMX was
inoperative most of day.