SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Jim B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:23:36 -0400
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:10:12 -0400, matthew h. kulas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet:
>
>http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/bfpnews/news/3000h.htm

Yeah, pretty cool, eh?  I do hope he's able to put the pieces together.  As
Stenger points out, it's all about how long he can wait it out before the
place starts to turn a profit.  I'm still skeptical about operations this
year, but hopefully, if he's got a lot of financial backing, BV will be
hosting after school kids and hot shot racers [;-)] like Kulas, Cutts,
McLaughlin, et. al. for some time to come.

I've still got a sentimental attachement to the place for sure, but from a
purely practical p.o.v., having decent night skiing close by is a big plus,
(I'm sorry, but Stowe's night skiing isn't worth the effort nor the ticket
price) as is more competition for local skiers in general.  Tends to drive
prices down, doncha know.

You can't really question Fries' industry credentials, though one might
question his sanity given BV's recent history...

Anyone want to gamble he'll get the quad open this season and head up for a
cutting expedition on 10/19 (next Saturday)?

-Jim B.