SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Tag Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:36:41 -0500
Interesting comment..I can remember helping with music on one of the ski films that Plake and Hattrup starred in and there is a scene where they are talking about the preparations that they make before jumping a cliff or skiing a very extreme line and the training that they also do. Hattrup very pointedly says something along the lines of "I couldn't just slap on a pair of DH boards and compete because I don't have that experience or training for that". He had obvious respect for what those guys do. That's the difference between the real deal and the res who yap.

The free skiing community is made up of a lot of free spirits, drop outs and rejects from the US skiing program. So I'm sure Tanner will get set straight by them as well.