SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Matt Duffy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:50:06 -0400
...if you're interested in a couple deals I saw at the ski swap currently
going on at the Essex Fairgrounds. Of interest were a pair of RD Heli-dog
fatties at a length of 180cm. Mounted with Marker M51 (din 4-12) and in
escellent condition for $270. They seem to be of roughly the same
dimensions as the CMH Voelkls. I might have snagged them myself, but I
already have two pair of phats.

Item# 2 that had my attention were a pair of hardly used Scarpa Denali AT
boots, size 8.5. Not a steal at $250, but they looked like they were only
used a couple of times and the price for brand new ones is closer to $400.
I would have snagged them, but they're not my size. I did try them on to
get a feel for them, they felt pretty much like alpine boots (stiff), which
is actually what I am looking for.... They are jumbled in with the telemark
boots. Don't bother asking for them; the reaction I got was: "Huh? AT??
Randonee??? You mean telemark????"

Anyway, the swap only last for a couple more hours, so act fast if these
things appeal to you.

mpd